Come sit on the porch awhile. Enjoy a glass of sweet iced tea as you peruse my thoughts, memories, dreams and images of family and friends - things trivial and not so trivial - past, present and future. I write and post for the simple pleasure of doing so. If you reap some small amount of pleasure from what you find here please come back again soon.


Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cookies, Cookies...More Cookies, Please

Recently, while prowling through a local thrift store, I found this great little vintage 'Cooky Book' and decided it will be well worth my time to try out some, if not all, of the recipes. Following the well written and illustrated recipes is easy and all of the batches that I've turned out thus far have been gobbled up without complaint or prejudice.
Next week's plan was to finish work on my studio - moving some things to storage, installing the last bit of insulation, putting in some sort of ceiling panels...flooring...underpinning...sounds like a lot of work but it's not a very big studio so one beautiful week should get me there. But the one hitch in my plan is the weather. If the forecasters are correct we will have cold rain every day except Saturday, which is of course my day to work at my "real job". So maybe tomorrow I'll pick another recipe or two and make more cookies. Besides, I have a friend with MS who really needs cookies from time to time and now just might be one of those times.

The "Peanut Butter Cookies" recipe (shown above) also calls for honey and brown sugar and they are deliciously different. 
Quartered gumdrops (below) are needed for the "Jeweled Cookies". These little treats are very chewy but also very tasty!



1 comment:

  1. I still have the old cookbook that my mother used. It's missing the covers and some pages but I'll never part with it. The things my mother baked the most can be found by the dirtiest pages..Ha! I haven't made peanut butter cookies in ages. Now I think I will!

    ReplyDelete