Come sit on the porch awhile. Enjoy a glass of sweet iced tea as you peruse my thoughts, memories, dreams and images of family and friends - things trivial and not so trivial - past, present and future. I write and post for the simple pleasure of doing so. If you reap some small amount of pleasure from what you find here please come back again soon.


Sunday, July 10, 2011

A moment shared between friends

Don't know who they are nor where they are, I just know they are the best of friends. And while walking on a beach somewhere, in a time past, they are sharing memories, telling funny stories and just being there for each other.
This is why I love collecting old photos. They tell wonderful stories without using words.
I paid all of two bucks for the original 8X10 framed print. What a bargain! And it is one of my very favorties!

1 comment:

  1. I love the name of your blog. Front porches were always so nice to sit on. I miss having one. That old picture reminds me of my Grandparent's porch where all the families gathered every Sunday. In answer to your question about my camera. I use a Sony DSC-H5. It's just a simple point and shoot but it has a 12X zoom that I like but wish I had more. It's good enough for me and I do take all my photos right from my windows. I can't walk on grass and with crutches it's too hard to take photos. I rarely go outside. Thank you for elaving a comment. I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete